My chemo got delayed this week due to low blood counts; however, the delay allowed us to further investigate some of these other pains and issues I was experiencing. Monday afternoon I got plain XRAYs of my lumbar spine and Tuesday evening I sat in the MRI machine for another couple hours to get complete MRI studies of my lumbar and sacral spine.
The following morning, Wednesday, I returned to my oncologist for blood work to see if I would be able to start my chemo today, though highly unlikely from what everyone was telling me... And they were right! No chemo Wednesday either but I was able to learn the results of my XRAYs / MRI scans: the XRAYs were pretty uneventful; however the MRI scans showed some new lesions in the T-Spine, prompting the need for further MRI studies.
Meanwhile my pain increased and Thursday morning I was admitted to the emergency room for pain control. Sitting, standing, walking and lying down have all become difficult, making my new MRI studies painful but my friend dilaudid came to the rescue and we completed the MRIs last night.
I'm not really sure where we stand now with regards to my treatment plan. Today we're meeting with radiation oncologists to see if radiation can decrease some of these pains and then we're going to meet with the neuro-interventional radiologists to see if there might be a minimally invasive / minimal recovery procedure that would allow me to get back on track with my chemo schedule.
We're also not sure about where we sit with Yondelis anymore and we should be learning about this today too. Because of "progression" / new lesions shown in my T-Spine radiography studies we may be done with Yondelis, which is obviously disconcerting because it's the best drug for my disease today but we'll find out later.