Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

To say I have things to be thankful for is a far understatement.  So much has happened this past year and first and foremost I am thankful to be alive and well in this beautiful world among such great company.

I am thankful for the support of my family and friends.  I am thankful for all the letters and emails and little gifts that have brought smiles along the way.  I am thankful for everyone who has had the opportunity to stay at Hotel d'Guyer and everyone who has been with my family through the good times and bad.

I am thankful for modern medicine, without which I surely wouldn't be here today.  I am thankful for everyone's generosity who has donated to my cause helping to fund these amazing new clinical drug trials like the one I'm on now.  I am thankful for Yondelis my little sea squirt friend from the west indies that is actively killing my tumors.  I'm thankful for my team of doctors and nurses who take care of me and endlessly work at finding better treatments for this disease.

And mostly I'm thankful for my Autumn.  She is my pillar of life and hope.  She keeps me going on a daily basis, bringing me up when I'm down and making me laugh and smile for no reason at all.  I am so thankful to have her by my side!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    I'm so thankful to have you in my life!!!! I love you always! Go get 'em fighter!
    XOXOXOX
    Autumn

    P.S. Benson wanted to tell you he loves you and he can't wait to see his Uncle Max and Uncle Charlie.

    ReplyDelete