This morning I arrived at the doctor's office at 7 am for some prelimary blood work to see if I would be able to begin my next treatment in the afternoon. Afterwards I returned home and waited for the results. About an hour later I got an email saying my liver markers were 139 and they need to be 137 to start treatment. Doh!
I pleaded with my doctor to submit my request to start today to the protocol team but they responded, "Cannot treat!". Two points off, i was frustrated. We had already been delayed a week and a half and now I was being delayed again for what is likely within the limits of lab error.
I spent the rest of the day working and distracting myself from the morning's events and in the afternoon I decided to stick with my scheduled treatment appointments and try one more time. I went back to the doctor's office, gave blood and waited again. This time the markers came back 130!
I went upstairs to the infusion room where i got hooked up, loaded up with steriods and then they sent me on my way.