Hmmm... I don't really know where to start on an update for this week.
Originally we were supposed to start a 7th round of Navolbine on Tuesday and then fly to Dallas to attend both my good friend's wedding, Seth Cobbel, and the first our of the two charity bike rides already planned. We had a choice to delay the radiology scans until we returned from our trip but we felt it was better to be in the know and recent MRI tests showed progression in the spine. It turned out to be a good move as my platelet counts were rapidly dropping which could have resulted in dangerous flying situations.
I had also started to experience a numbness basically starting from my sternum, circumferentially around my body all the way down to my toes. The recent MRI scans confirmed these symptoms to be tumor involvement around the mid Thoracic spine and upper Lumbar spine. So in addition to beginning radiation therapy on May 5th at these two new spots along the spine, I also got another blood infusion on May 6th to strengthen my body for the weekend.
Lucky for AA Miles, Autumn and I were able to cancel our flight tickets and instead my Mom and two sisters came to Boston for the weekend, bringing a little Dallas to Boston.