Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eating our way through Dallas!


I've been in Texas now for a little over two weeks and probably eaten over 12 enchiladas, 4 pounds of red meat, two entire fried chickens and enough tortillas / beans / rice to completely cover my body, possibly 2 times over. The image above is from a dinner at Smoke in Oak Cliff and yes that's a single rib! I've been having a blast catching up with old friends, family-friends and colleagues. I've been eating very well, strictly from a delicious standpoint instead of nutritional point of view, and since Autumn's arrival I have held up my deal in not allowing her to go to Costco and instead showing her around town.

We saw a lame light show in Frisco, took a tour of my old stomping grounds near Victory Park downtown, walked around uptown / West Village area, saw the christman decorations in Highland Park, tasted all the cupcake shops Dallas has to offer and got to spend some good time with friends and family. I feel much better with Autumn's impression of the Big D.


Benson has also been having a great time. Him and Max haven't stopped playing since we arrived in Dallas and he has become quite comfortable with the rules as a dog in my parent's house: using the doggie door to go outside to play, scattering his toys all over the place and pissing / shitting in the house. I'm not sure he'll ever want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment