Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tour de Texas (Part 2 - Houston)

Friday night we arrived in Houston just in time to attend our cousin Rabbi David's Friday Night Shabbat Ceremony at Beth Yeshurin. Our entire Houston family was there including my Great Aunt & Uncle, all their children and grandchildren and my mom's two sisters with all their families too. My parents along with my younger sister, two nieces & Benson also made the drive down to Houston for the event.

The ceremony was really beautiful and very touching to have everyone in the same place, worshiping and praying for the same cause: my recovery. Those that know me well know that I'm not a very religious man but I do think that we're all connected in some way and every bit of prayer helps.

After dinner we had a huge Shabbat dinner hosted at David's house. It was so nice spending time with the entire family. The last time we had all been together was at my wedding before this whole ordeal.

The next day we literally sat around my Aunt's house waiting to eat three more meals before we could return home :). Needless-to-say I have had no problem maintaining my weight throughout this most recent course of chemotherapy. Before we left we celebrated everyone's winter birthday and then hit the road. I got to ride in the back of Kim's swagger waggon, reclined and watching movies on the drop down flat screen on the way back to Dallas. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment