Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Weekend of Distractions

Saturday morning I had back-to-back MRI appointments to scan both lower extremities (knees down). The scans went well and I got a sweet pair of "patient" scrubs;" instead of being a solid color like blue or green they have thin vertical stripes so I feel like a jailbird. The MRI machine is really loud and makes weird humming and ticking noises. I always think the sounds would make an appropriate background to a techno or electronica song. I have the strangest dreams during MRI scans. I'll try to write one down, but know that you've been forewarned it'll be weird.

Later in the day we took an excursion to Portsmouth, NH to get some fresh air and distract the family with some good ole' fashion fun! Little Benson came with us and we had a fun time walking in and out of the little stores and exploring the town. We grabbed lunch along "the docks" facing the water and had traditional style lobster rolls. Delicious!

Today I wasn't supposed to do anything too strenuous before my PET Scan tomorrow so we went on a duck tour. I got to drive the duck!

6 comments:

  1. I wanna drive the Duck Truck. I saw that once on the show Undercover Boss.

    So, a duck walked into a bar, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any grapes?" The bartender replied, "No, this isn't a grocery store, get the hell out of here!" So, the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender "Do you have any grapes?" The bartender said "No, I told you before, this isn't a grocery store, and I don't have any grapes, now leave!" So the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any grapes?" The angry bartender said, "NO! And if you come back and ask me that again, I will nail your butt to the wall! Now leave!" So, the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any nails?" The bartender, puzzled, said, "No, why?" The duck said, "In that case, do you have any grapes?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the mink stole around ur neck, and whos that hot chick in the picture behind u, do ya think u can hook me up with her. hey we still got that wheel and kiln stored for u, so let us know when u want it. this took me 3 times to figure this blog thing out, thats a record for my computer skills. all right enough, i lov ya man take care.

    p.s. autumn in my every thought about jeff u r there also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it on the duck tour finally! I'm sure you loved every minute of it, especially the breaking the law part... or are you a certified boat captain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man...I have some clients that wholesale hospital scrubs...I could probably get you a sweet pair of duck scrubs if you want...even some licensed Disney Daffy Duck ones...Autumn won't be able to keep her hands off of you in this sweet ass scrubs...let me know your size and address ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While driving the duck, did you happen to say "ding dew?"

    SeƱor Hines and the rest of Spanish V is pullin' for ya, buddy.

    ReplyDelete