Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Over 25% Complete

I'm sitting here receiving my fifth treatment out of a total of 18 treatments (six rounds of three treatments). Things are going well with very little incident. We got a late start Tuesday evening so I didn't get much sleep but today they started 4 hours earlier so we should be done at 10:30 pm which should allow for a better night. Hopefully they can push back tomorrow's treatment so I can be discharged in the evening.

The nursing staff has started a new initiative on the floor to have daily social get togethers for all the families the survivors. It has been really enjoyable and a good way to socialize with people in our same situation. Would you believe there are two other people with liposarcomas in their legs on the floor? If sarcomas effect 0.8% of the population then the liposarcomas effect an even smaller fraction, and three of us are being treated here at the same time.

It was good to hear everybody's stories. Both survivors are at the end of their treatments and are doing very well, quoting a "99.9% elimination" of their tumors. I look forward to telling the same stories in a couple of months.

I'm finishing up the Iphosfamide now.. What a bitch! That one goes right to the head! Barf!

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong! You are in our prayers.
    We love you and Autumn!
    xox Your Sarasota Fan Club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeffrey,
    I wrote you a post few days ago but I don't think it went through, so I will try again. I am Josh and Kala's mom ( wendy). I don't think I have seen you in many many years! Do you still have your key chain collection?
    I saw your mom and Lindsay at the galleria last week. She told me about the cancer,
    I too had my fun with cancer 4 years ago. I can honestly say you forget it eventually. After 3 surgeries and lots of chemo I am back to a normal life.
    I also hated when my hair started falling out, the tingling was weird. So I buzzed it off. I probably should have bought a wig first.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, stay strong and keep on laughing. Your blogs are terrific!
    Love,
    Wendy(Hersh) Narzem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeffrey,
    I think your positive attitude is helping you beat this one! I had kidney adenocarcenoma 20 years ago and went through the same emotional upheavals that all young persons afflicted with cancer experiences - it is so unfair. Stay positive, laugh a lot, (I tried comedy films) and with everyone on your side you will get through. We are thinking of you from the other side of the world here in Africa,
    Malan and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad be in Boston and to be spending time with my beautiful children..Autumn signed me in so now I can post comments too..
    Here for round two and its almost done!!!! You look great!!!! Love and kisses Mom
    p.s POW POW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete